Friday, August 1, 2008

I will not eat them in a box. I will not eat them with a fox.

Every few months, our kids find a new favorite book and they become attached. Very attached! So every night, we read the same 2 books OVER and OVER and OVER, until our prayers are answered and the kids find a new favorite book.

So right now, Sam's favorite book is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, which should be subtitled "63 pages of the most random stuff ever!!!" But Sam loves it...every word of it. And I know this because in moments of desperation, Keith and I have tried to skip pages before. Surely he wouldn't miss ten pages out of 63, right? It's random...there is no plot. How could he miss it? Not our Sam. Nope! You have to read EVERY page. So I will share with you my personal favorite...

" At our house we play out back. We play a game called Ring the Gack. Would you like to play this game? Come down! We have the only Gack in town. "

Now before I climb on my soapbox about what type of person dreams up stuff like this, let me say that I love Dr. Suess. But at the end of a long day, I find it super annoying. As much as I adore my children, by 8:30, I am ready for them to call it a day. And as much as I love Dr. Suess, his books seem to hinder the process of getting the boys asleep.

Stephen's current favorite is Green Eggs and Ham, which he calls Green Eggs and Hand. So most nights, we read both of these books. Every once in a blue moon, we can sweet talk the boys into reading Stephen's favorite one night and Sam's the next.

So at the request of our sweet children, Monday night was Green Eggs and Ham night at Casa de Miller. And even though they ate almost none of it, it was a blast.


MMMMMM.....TASTY!!!

1 comment:

Intentional Memories said...

Ok - this is not at all where I thought we were going with this post. That is the most disgusting picture!! How did you do that? GROSS!