Total Miles: 68.3 (I still lack 3 miles this week, but they will get done by Sunday)
We are headed out tomorrow morning to see my family in Georgia, so even though week 20 is not technically over, I am going to go ahead and write this now. No telling if I will update any time in the next week. I am now four weeks into my adventure, according to Google Maps, I am almost to LaGrange, Texas. Only 900 miles left to go before I get to my parents' house in Georgia!
Sam has had swimming lessons four days a week for the past two weeks. So we have worked that into the walking routes. We left early and walked 2 miles to the pool where his lessons were. After the lesson ended, we walked another 1.75 miles to our neighborhood pool so Stephen could swim (he was not allowed in the pool during lessons--tough break for a little guy!). Then after we swam for an hour or two, we headed home for a total of 4.5 miles a day. Given the ridiculous heat this year (over fifteen 100-degree days so far), this left me completely shot for the rest of the day. But the boys had a good time --made for some great naps, too!
Sam needed a little more motivation, so he is "earning" miles everyday when we walk. When he earns 47 stickers (symbolic of the 47 miles between our house and the nearby water park), he wins a trip to Schlitterbahn. So we spend some of our walk time negotiating how many stickers he earns for that trip. The rest is spent hunting for Monster Trucks and motorcycles. And sweating.....lots of sweating. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment