Monday, September 8, 2008

Silly Mommy, mops are for girls!

I have always been told that society influences our children in ways we wish it wouldn't. And I believed that...but I never knew it would happen so quickly.

When I picked Sam up from school today, he was happy and chatty. So we were talking about school and I asked him about different parts of his day. He told me that he had to go to the "doctor" today. I was initially confused, but he explained all about his class trip to the library today where they saw the "doctors," wore headphones and listened to things. That was Sam's way of explaining hearing and vision screening day...got it!

Then we talked about naptime...there had been issues last week with him "looking at his neighbors" during naptime, which Keith and I knew meant that he was yacking his head off talking during naptime. We know this because that's what he does at home.

So he said, "I did not look at my neighbors today. I wanted to fall asleep first, so I could wake up first and beat the other kids to center time." Interesting. So I asked him what his favorite center was. He said "computer." That made perfect sense.

So I asked him what his second favorite center was. He replied, "housekeeping." First of all, I think it is "homeliving" not "housekeeping," but either way, I was intrigued. So I said, "Really? You like housekeeping?"

At this point, he looked at me and said, "No! Mommy, housekeeping is for girls!"

Society: 1
Mommy: 0

No comments: