Miles walked the past two weeks: 57.6 miles
Total Miles: 411.3 miles...(the distance from our house to the "middle of nowhere" Louisiana...seriously, there is no city there, but it is close to where I-10 crosses Lake Henderson. I am sure that means nothing to anyone....
These past two weeks of training have been particularly hard. Not really sure why....maybe it's because I have walked a bijillion miles now (or at least enough to wear out a decent pair of running shoes) and I am bored with it. Or maybe it's because the school year has geared up with the boys, so I find myself busy. Maybe a combination of both. Either way, I have had to dig deep to find motivation this week.
But there are definitive bonuses about walking right now. First, there is the promise of only 5 MORE WEEKS! To have a Saturday free again! : ) Second, the weather is amazing! So that is always nice, especially after July.
Even though things have been tough lately, I am still learning so much about myself. I am learning that I am way stronger than I thought I was and way more committed than I thought I was. And the more I learn about the amazing women and men that have fought breast cancer, I find that I am way more inspired than I thought I was.
One month to go....
No comments:
Post a Comment