Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The All-in-One Miller Family Christmas

I have not posted on our blog in over a month and the harassment is growing stronger. So I guess it is time to catch up. I got a little behind and then catching up just seemed overwhelming. So honestly, I was putting it off. But, just for Paige, I promise to give it a shot! It is January 27th, but I dated this December 31st because I just couldn't stand the thought that I didn't post Christmas pictures until now. Yes, I am just that obsessive. It's sad really...

The Christmas season was wonderful, but very full. Not busy and frustrating like usual, just full. Actually, since we took time off from choir this year, we really had a great deal of family time this holiday season and it was wonderful. We had the chance to have some really sweet conversations with the boys about Christmas.

We decorated the house.. I love me some Christmas decorations!

Stephen paraded around the house for weeks in his "sock"


We took the boys to the luminaries at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center
(Honestly, I think everyone was bored, but me---I should probably get used to that)

Every year, we invite a friend or two over for Cookie Decorating Day. It has been a tradition at our house since we moved to Austin. We invite an old friend and a new friend, as well as their munchkins over one morning. The boys and I bake a ton of gingerbread and sugar cookies. And basically, we just give the kids some frosting and sprinkles and let them go at it. It normally ends with kids playing all over the house while some moms and I decorate cookies over coffee. This year was no exception. A messy, but great time was had by all. And as an added bonus, at the end of the day the floor had that great "condo at the beach" feeling.


Sam and his favorite masterpiece

Stephen and his sprinkles...um, I mean cookie.
(One entire bottle of sprinkles on that cookie--that'll teach Mommy not to get distracted)
The art gallery

Before we left for our trip, we had our own Christmas morning on Dec. 22nd ---just the four of us. We read the Christmas story, baked cookies for Santa, opened presents and had Wreath Doughtnuts from Krispy Kreme (Sam's special request) for breakfast. It was our first Christmas celebration alone as a family and it was a sweet time with the boys. We spent the day building ranches out of Lincoln Logs and riding bikes (Stephen and I both got one for Christmas).


Sam on our Christmas morning with his GeoTrax Train Set--
Seriously, one more train set and we are going to have to close in the garage!


Stephen masters his first "big boy" bike

The next day we left to visit our families in Georgia and Tennessee. Due to the current economic situation, we decided to save money and drive. The boys did great for all 2700+ miles. Thank the Lord for DVD players in the car!


Daddy and "mini-me" at Gigi and Daddy Phil's House

Even though this doesn't really say Christmas, I had to include this one because I am continually floored at how much that boy looks like his Daddy! Sometimes, the resemblance (in looks and mannerisms) is just staggering.

No comments: